- A procedure for critical evaluation; a means of determining the presence,
quality, or truth of something; a trial: a test of one's eyesight;
subjecting a hypothesis to a test; a test of an athlete's endurance.
- A series of questions, problems, or physical responses designed to
determine knowledge, intelligence, or ability.
- A basis for evaluation or judgment: “A test of democratic government is
how Congress and the president work together” (Haynes Johnson).
- A physical or chemical change by which a substance may be
detected or its properties ascertained.
- A reagent used to cause or promote such a change.
- A positive result obtained.
- A cupel.
Source attribution: http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=test